I have worked in the education industry for 38 years in a wide range of roles:
- Tutor and Demonstrator in Biology and Zoology as a post-graduate student at The University of Melbourne
- High school Science, Mathematics, Biology, Psychology and Health teacher for 10 years
- Education Officer at the Melbourne Zoo Education Service with one year as Acting Deputy Principal
- Ran a consulting business, writing science and environmental education curriculum materials and preparing and conducting professional development workshops for teachers
- Part-time lecturer and tutor in Biology and Science Education at The University of Melbourne
- Associate Lecturer in Biology and Physiology at Deakin University's Institute of Koorie Education
- Senior Curator at Museum Victoria researching, planning and writing for a permanent exhibition at Scienceworks Museum.
- Project Officer at Deakin University evaluating and implementing curriculum resources and designing, building and managing a website for First Year Biology
- Implementing, managing and providing training and support for the first LMS at Deakin University in 2000
- Various roles at Deakin University managing teams supporting learning technologies and teaching, including Acting Director of Learning Services managing 120 people providing curriculum development, academic professional development and learning technology administration, training and support for the university. This included direct responsibility for conducting needs analysis, evaluation, selection and implementation of a new LMS and a range of other learning technologies.
- Ten years as an education consultant with a large, global learning technology company providing consulting services to existing and prospective clients to understand their learning technology requirements and recommend and demonstrate appropriate solutions to meet these requirements. This included preparing and delivering seminars, webinars, presentations, workshops, training sessions and 1:1 consulting for organisations in Australia, New Zealand, Singapore, The Philippines, India, Canada and the USA.
Graduate Diploma of Local Family and Applied History University of New England 2009
Graduate Diploma of Human Relationships Education Melbourne CAE 1988
Graduate Diploma in Education Melbourne CAE 1985
Bachelor of Science Honours (Zoology) The University of Melbourne 1980
ITIL Foundation Certification